tracker

eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Intent...

It has been written that intent is a force that exists in the universe, when someone living "of the source" beckons intent, it comes to them and sets up the path for attainment.

Intent. Intentions. Good ones.

The road to hell being what it is, I'm not too sure about this concept.

If I fall of a building my intent is to fly, however briefly.

Man. Good intentions, when looked at in a list, could also score every major mistake I ever made.

I have been divorced for nine years. No girlfriend, no pet (tried it-I suck as a pet owner-too impatient,) not so much as a house plant. Too much responsibility. Or so I thought.

And I had generally become what I thought of as 'comfortable' in a monastic, bitter kind of way.

Someone recently called me on it.

"You've been hiding..."

I am open to the possibility that they were right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't your fault that the monkey didn't work out. Besides he would have turned out to be a chain smoking binge drinker anyway. Live long and prosper old man. Being celibate has its advantages. Unfortunately you can't go "Dutch" with you hand on a date.

Cheers, Dnalvoh

My new disclaimer...yeah I know.

Okay, the old disclaimer was tired. The ideas were outdated and keeping me stuck in a place I don't want to be anymore...so now for something more refreshing.

I have recently changed my views regarding women. Seems I had some issues with the fairer sex due to past pain and self- centered fear. (Yes...duh applies.)

I'm done with that.

Being in recovery has helped me change my entire life, perceptions and attitudes. I cannot change my history but I can change my today and my future.

I recently realized that the women I know in recovery are some of the strongest, bravest, most gentle and kind teachers I have ever had. You exemplify integrity and spiritual growth, and I hope you know who you are.

Some may know of my past marital and relationship history and been a participant in them as well. It's past and that's where it stays...in the past.

I own my part in those failures but claim no more responsibility in any misery you may be experiencing. I am sorry, but it's time to get off the cross. We need the wood.


Thank you all...